NeuroTechEDU provides NeuroTechX educational content based on NeuroTechX courses to individuals across the world. Our goal is to share NeuroTechX quality material with the world. We care about the security of your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how NeuroTechEDU and its Data Processors – third party platforms that deliver NeuroTechEDU’s content - collect, use, and process personal information about our learners through the NeuroTechEDU website (the “Site” which consists of all content and pages located within the neurotechedu.com web domain), as well as information that we may collect from you in other ways.Back to top
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroTechEDU, collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information (hereinafter “Personal Information”) about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Biographic information – name, gender, date of birth, email address, country of residence, employer, title/position
- Contact information – home and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and social media information
- IP addresses
- Usernames, as well as information posted by you to wikis or other areas of the Site designed for public communications
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroTechEDU, collect information, including Personal Information, when you sign up for a user account, send us email messages, and/or participate in our public social media.
Also on behalf of NeuroTechEDU, Data Processors collect certain usage information about student performance and patterns of learning. In addition, information is tracked indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used.
Data Processors, on behalf of NeuroTechEDU, may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Site. NeuroTechEDU or its Data Processors, may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. Various web analytics tools are used to collect this information. Some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the Site). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. If you reject cookies, many functions and conveniences of this Site may not work properly.Back to top
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroTechEDU collects, uses, and processes your personal information (1) to process transactions requested by you; (2) to facilitate NeuroTechEDU’s legitimate interests. Examples of the ways in which NeuroTechEDU may use your personal information are as follows:
- To enable NeuroTechEDU to provide, administer, and improve our offerings.
- To authenticate your identity when you register.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry.
- To analyze statistics on learner performance and how learners learn.
- To monitor and detect violations of the Terms of Service, as well as other misuses and potential misuses of the Site.
- To help NeuroTechEDU improve its offerings, to evaluate the access and use of the Site and the impact of NeuroTechEDU on the worldwide educational community.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education.
- To publish information, but not Personal Information, gathered about NeuroTechEDU's access, use, impact, and student performance.
- To send you updates about online courses offered by NeuroTechEDU or other events, to send you communications about products or services of NeuroTechEDU Digital Programs or affiliates that may be of interest to you, or to send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- To archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- To maintain and improve the functioning and security of the Site and our software, systems, and network.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
If you have concerns about any of these purposes, or about how NeuroTechEDU communicates with you, please contact us at email@example.com. NeuroTechEDU will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal information (subject to our legal obligations).Back to top
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroTechEDU may share information collected (including Personal Information) with third parties as follows:
- With service providers or contractors that perform certain functions on NeuroTechEDU’s behalf, including processing information that you provide to us on the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, providing or administering material, or in connection with other aspects of NeuroTechEDU services.
- For purposes of scientific research, particularly, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education. However, NeuroTechEDU will only share Personal Information about you for this purpose to the extent doing so complies with applicable law and is limited to the Personal Information required to fulfill the purposes stated at the time of collection.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- To support integration with third party services. For example, videos and other content may be hosted on YouTube and other websites not controlled by us.
In cases where we share or disclose your Personal Information: (1) the third party recipients are required to handle the Personal Information in a confidential manner and to maintain adequate security to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction; and (2) we will only disclose and share the Personal Information that is required by the third party to fulfill the purpose stated at the time of collection. In addition, we may share aggregated information that does not personally identify you with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners.Back to top
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED AND SECURED
NeuroTechEDU and its Data Processors are designed to protect Personal Information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information that it receives, maintains, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and therefore we do not guarantee its absolute security.Back to top
- based on your cookie settings, NeuroTechEDU and its Data Processors may receive information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- NeuroTechEDU and its Data Processors may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software you used when accessing the Site, and we may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- NeuroTechEDU and its Data Processors may track and collect information from emails that are sent to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
NeuroTechEDU may also use Google and Facebook remarketing services to advertise NeuroTechEDU across the Internet. Facebook and/or Google may display relevant ads tailored to you based on your visit of NeuroTechEDU site by placing a cookie on your machine. NeuroTechEDU respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
You may modify and disable cookies through your individual browser settings or you can opt out of the collection and use of this information through tools like the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NeuroTechEDU considers its relationship with the NeuroTechEDU community to be lifelong. This means that that NeuroTechEDU will maintain a record for you until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. After such time, we will retain a core set of information for NeuroTechEDU's legitimate purposes, such as archival, scientific and historical research and for the defense of potential legal claimsBack to top
RIGHTS FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
You have the right in certain circumstances to (1) access your personal information; (2) to correct or erase information; (3) restrict processing; and (4) object to communications, direct marketing, or profiling. To the extent applicable, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation provides further information about your rights. You also have the right to lodge complaints with your national or regional data protection authority.
If you are inclined to exercise these rights, NeuroTechEDU requests an opportunity to discuss with you any concerns you may have. To protect the personal information we hold, we may also request further information to verify your identity when exercising these rights. Upon a request to erase information, we will maintain a core set of personal data to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in the future, as well as any information necessary for NeuroTechX archival purposes. In the event of an actual or threatened legal claim, we may retain your information for purposes of establishing, defending against or exercising our rights with respect to such claim.
By providing information directly to NeuroTechX, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to the United States. You understand that the current laws and regulations of the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the data and privacy laws and regulations of the EEA.
NeuroTechEDU may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by contacting you directly.
The controller for your personal information is NeuroTechX. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated in Feb 20th, 2021.